[Insight-users] Two bugs with IntensityBased2D3DRegistration.cxx--one fixed, one open

Jian Wu eewujian at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 6 18:20:04 EST 2006

Dear itk users:

1) I fixed one bug. To get IntensityBased2D3DRegistration.cxx to run, the
following correction needs to be made.

File Name: IntensityBased2D3DRegistration.cxx
Line Number: 994
Original:
  itk::Optimizer::ScalesType weightings( 6 );
Replaced by:
  itk::Optimizer::ScalesType weightings( transform->GetNumberOfParameters()
);

2) There was a problem with the
metric--GradientDifferenceImageToImageMetric. The member function
GetDerivative() always returned zero. (See lines 461-484 in
itkGradientDifferenceImageToImageMetric.txx). It appears the variables
valuep1 and valuep0 always have identical values no matter how the
transformation parameters were changed. I guess the outputs from the
TransformMovingImageFilter and the MovedSobelFilters had not been properly
updated. I could not figure out how to correct it. This problem caused the
registration stopped at the first iteration and went nowhere.

ITK Toolkit version: 2.4.1
Compiler: Microsoft VC++ 6.0
OS: Window XP Professional

Please help!