[Insight-users] MetaImage

jai vamsi krishna vamsi2200 at rediffmail.com
Wed Mar 8 23:12:00 EST 2006

Hi all,
         We are facing a problem in writing files in MetaImage format. We are using Demons algorithm for registering images. The output deformation field is written in MetaImage format(.mhd file). The problem is that the resolution of the deformation field generated by our algorithm is 1.01625  which requires 6 digits of precision but while writing it to MertaImage format the spacing gets truncated to 1.0162, the software probably is defaulted to 5 digits of precision, thus causing a mis-alignment. We need the spacing in the deformation field to be set to 1.01625 for warping the images correctly.
We have edited the .mhd file and set the "Element spacing" field to 1.01625 and it seems to work, but could someone please tell me if there are any possible changes that can be made to the code to automatically generate the element spacing to 6 digit precision?

Thanks
Vamsi