[Insight-users] Re: limiting the maximum angle of rotation

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Mon Mar 13 08:31:20 EST 2006

Hi Shankar,

You may want to look at the LBFGSB Optimizer:

http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1LBFGSBOptimizer.html

This optimizers supports "bound constrained optimization".

Another option is to implement this at the level of the Observer
that you connect to your current optimizer.

Notice, however, that in practice, if the angle of rotation is
growing too large, it is probably an indication that the scaling
that you are using for the transform parameters are not balanced
correctly.

You will find details on the settings for scaling the parameters
passed to the optimizer in the Image Registration chapter of the
ITK Software Guide:

       http://www.itk.org/ItkSoftwareGuide.pdf

Please let us know if you have further questions,