[Insight-users] Need old releases of ANALYZE and OSIRIS

Tony Becker tony.becker at sbcglobal.net
Tue Mar 14 21:49:31 EST 2006

Dear Reader,

We are doing research related to some patent litigation involving image
processing software.  We think some of this list's subscribers might be able
to help us.

A lot of the functionality the patent holder seems to think he invented
seems to have already been available for some time.  It appears that early
versions ANALYZE and OSIRIS, published in the late 1980's and early 1990's,
pre-date the filing of the patent in question, were already performing some
of these functions.

We would like to demonstrate this functionality.

Can you please help us get a working copy of either ANALYZE and/or OSIRIS
from the period prior to 1995?

A version working on any of the available platforms, Unix workstation, PC,
MAC etc. would be fine. Also, a manual from the same period would be very
helpful.

If you can just help us contact the appropriate person or resource who might
help us obtain these things, we will do the rest.

Thank you very much in advance for your time and consideration!

Sincerely,

Tony Becker

San Jose, CA, USA

(408) 223-6102