[Insight-users] bug in the multiresolution deformable registration framework

Xiao Han elehanx at gmail.com
Tue Mar 14 22:40:26 EST 2006

I have been trying to use the itkLevelSetMotionRegistrationFilter with the
MultiResolutionPDEDeformableRegistration framework.

Unfortunately, I got core dump after the registration at the coarest level
was finished and when the next finer level begins.

After some debugging, I found that the bug was due to the  member
"m_SmoothMovingImageInterpolator" of the LevelSetMotionRegistrationFunction
class not properly updated during the resolution transition.

Although the fixed and moving images have been updated to the finer level,
the  buffered region of  m_SmoothMovingImageInterpolator still keeps the
size of the coarest resolution.

Could anyone please tell me how to get around this problem? How to make sure
that the smoothed moving image is properly updated every time?

Thanks,
Xiao