[Insight-users] Problem with DicomImageReadChangeHeaderWrite on cygwin

Olivier Rousseau itkoli at gmail.com
Thu Mar 16 08:48:28 EST 2006

Hi,

I am trying to change the header of a dicom image on cygwin. I have
no problem doing it on Linux using "DicomImageReadChangeHeaderWrite".
For example, to change the name of the patient, I just type

DicomImageReadChangeHeaderWrite Image.dcm ImageChanged.dcm 0010\|0010
NewName

and it works perfectly (\| is needed for him to recognize "|"). On cygwin, I
didn't
find any way to make him understand the character "|". Then I did look into
the
code and simply wrote:

 itk::EncapsulateMetaData<std::string>( dictionary, "0010|0010", "NewName"
);

 Again, it works on Linux, but not on cygwin (and I really need it to work
on cygwin...)
Does anyone has an idea of what I could do?
Is there an other way to specify the entryId?

Thanks!
Olivier