[Insight-users] how to realease the memory of a filter?

Alberto Bert bert at isi.it
Thu Mar 16 12:48:43 EST 2006

Hi all,

I'm working with big images (CTi and MRI) and I've got several filters in
a pipeline + some other processing classes I wrote (not with the ITK
organization, too bad... ).
As I've understood, most of the filters produce a new image, "doubling"
the memory. I would like to be able to release the memory as soon I
don't need it any more. For example:

itkFilter1->SetInput( InputImage );
itkFilter1->Update();
TmpImage = itkFilter1->GetOutput();

MyClassObject.SetInput( TmpImage );
OutputImage = MyClassObject.GetOutput();

// at this point I don't need any more InputImage

I tryed with: Delete() but at the end of the execution it gives me a
SegFault I guess cause itk is trying to release the memory I already
released...

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you,
cheers