[Insight-users] finite differences solvers in itk

Moti Freiman freiman at cs.huji.ac.il
Sun Mar 26 10:34:39 EST 2006

Hello all,
In my application i need to solve a very big but sparse linear system
constructed from a 3D image (volume).
This system represented a solution to a pde using finite differences scheme.
I want to solve it using iterative methods such as the Gauss-Seidel
method, with multi grid.

I did not found any tool dedicated to such a task in the itk library.
Does any one know about such tools?
In any case i want to try to write a general framework for such tasks,
so users will be able to define the equation easily, and the library
will solve it. Does anyone try do do so? or have any helpfully ideas?
Thanks,
Moti Freiman