[Insight-users] a question of the example of InsightApplications

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Sun Mar 26 11:02:27 EST 2006

Hi Kuang,

   FuzzyConnectedness is covered by a Patent.

In order to use this method you must:

  1) Enable  ITK_USE_PATENTED in the advanced
     options of CMake when you configure ITK.

  2) Obtain a license from the patent holder
     The University of Pennsylvania.

I would suggest you to *avoid* using methods that
are Patented. You will find many other segmentation
methods in ITK that are not infected with Intellectual
Property issues.