[Insight-users] Re: Re: reading dicom with FrameTimeVector

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at kitware.com
Mon May 1 20:33:51 EDT 2006

kurt wrote:
> Hi Mathieu,
>
> Thanks a lot for the reply.
>
> Nevertheless, I don't think the Z spacing will do. the time spans
> specified in FrameTimeVector are not unified in our images which are
> US time-series images....

Even better ;)
This means that this is not a problem at the DICOM level but rather at
ITK level. As far as I know ITK cannot handle sparse data (arbitrary
interval).

Just for curiosity, what exactly is this protocol. All the other US
DICOM data that I have seen have a regular Frame Time. Do you have some
kind of dual acquisition at the same time t ? If this is the case, you
should be able to write some code using the gdcm low-level interface to
extract one acquisition from the other.

The last option would be to read the 3D volume and then get it slice by
slice, then read the Time Vector Frame from the DICOM tag stored in the
GDCMImageIO...

HTH,
Mathieu