[Insight-users] how to extract a surface from a binary volume data

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Tue May 2 10:06:11 EDT 2006

Hi Vincent,

It should not be necessary to do the extraction of the border
pixels before using the vtkContour filter.

In fact, if you extract the border pixels first, then the
vtkContour filter will give you a double surface.

The contour extraction from the original binary volume should
be faster (or at least as fast) as processing the border pixels.