[Insight-users] Regular Step Gradient Descent optimizer

Martin Urschler martin at urschler.info
Wed May 3 03:12:49 EDT 2006

hi

i only have a small comment on your parameters for the LBFGSB optimizer:
setting the bounds like the way you are doing it, IMHO has no effect.

 >    boundSelect.Fill(  0 );
 >    upperBound.Fill(  10.0 );
 >    lowerBound.Fill( -10.0 );

if I remember the docs of this optimizer correctly, the boundSelect
variable is used to switch on the upper and/or lower bounds for the
optimization per unknown, however if you select 0 for all entries in
boundSelect, then all unknowns of your optimization will be UNBOUNDED ->
as a consequence you may put whatever bounds you want into
upper/lowerBound, it won't have any effect!

regards,
Martin

--
Martin Urschler
TU Graz - Institute for Computer Graphics & Vision