[Insight-users] Regular Step Gradient Descent optimizer

Ming Chao mingchao2005 at gmail.com
Wed May 3 13:34:13 EDT 2006

Hi Luis,

Actually my original question was quite simple. I didn't intend to compare A
with B to decide which one is better. What concerned me is why when I used
itkRegularStepGradientDescentOptimizer the metric values first decreased and
then increased (isn't this abnormal?). While using LBFGSBOptimizer the
metric values kept decreasing and stopped when the optimizer thought it
reached mimimum. Unless I missed something, I haven't understood why.

Cheers,
Ming