[Insight-users] coupled levelset segmentation problem (generally N contours)

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Wed May 10 08:54:08 EDT 2006

Hi Alireza,

     It depends on what do you mean by "better"   :-)

If you are in a rush for getting this implemented, then the option of
running two filters at one iteration each, is a reasonable approach.
You will be able to get some images for publishing a paper.

If you want to have a formal approach, then what you want to do is
to have a LevelSet to be represented as a VectorImage, where each
component is one of the contours that your are getting to interact.

This is the elegant, and long term correct solution, but...it will
require some major coding effort. In particular it will require the
differential equation that describe the LevelSet to be described by
a vectorial equation.

You will find more information on this topic if you make a search
for "Multi-Phase" level sets.