[Insight-users] itk::NormalizedCorrelationImageToImageMetric

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Wed May 10 09:08:42 EDT 2006

Hi Kathy,

The reason why the resample filter only produces one image is that
only the "Moving" image needs to be transformed. The transformation
is such that the moving image is presented in the coordinate system
of the "Fixed" image.

If you want to evaluate the quality of the superposition, what you
can do is to compute the differences between the Fixed image and
the Resampled Moving image. Note that you should only visually look
at the region where the two images get overlapped.

You will find many examples on how to compare the Fixed image to the
Resampled Moving image in the ITK Software Guide

     http://www.itk.org/ItkSoftwareGuide.pdf

in the "Image Registration" chapter.

The source code of the examples illustrated in the ITK Software Guide
can be found in the directory:

        Insight/Examples/Registration

Please read the "Image Registration" chapter of the software guide,
it will help you understand the ITK registration framework and this
will save you a lot of time and effort down the line.