[Insight-users] Urgent: Strange dicom imageIO

Markus Weigert m.weigert at fz-juelich.de
Wed May 10 17:32:56 EDT 2006

Hi,

today I encountered a strange  problem with dicom ImageIO:

After reading a dicom series of  CT - files and displaying the volume with
GLTwoImageSliceView (from insight applications), everything is fine.
The range of the values is -1024 up to 3071, just as it should be.

But after writing the serie again to dicom slices and reading these slices,
the range is now -2048 to 2047, so there seems to be a shift.
I don't understand this, because I didn't change anything in the
MetaDataDictionaryArray.

Has anybody an idea what could cause this shifting of image values?

Regards,
Markus