[Insight-users] Problems trying to update ImageFileReader II: problem identified

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Thu May 11 08:24:17 EDT 2006

Hi Fran,

You are missing to put escape sequences for the "\" characters
in your path. The line:

  reader->SetFileName("D:\personal\fvazquez\imagenes\5.jpg");

is seen by the compiler as:

  reader->SetFileName("D:personalfvazquezimagenes5.jpg");

because it attempts to interpret "\p", "\i", and "\5".

the correct way of writing this path inside your code is:

  reader->SetFileName("D:\\personal\\fvazquez\\imagenes\\5.jpg");

You may find useful to look at a C or C++ introductory book
and read about escape sequences.