[Insight-users] Exporting registration's result as Dicom serie

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Thu May 11 08:30:03 EDT 2006

Hi Laurent,

At the end of a registration process, the resampled moving image
is in the coordinate system of the Fixed image.

This means that your DICOM dictionary should take from the Fixed
image all the information corresponding to:

    1) Origin
    2) Spacing
    3) Number of pixels along every direction

and from the Moving image DICOM dictionary all the information
regarding Modality, patient info, and intensity range.

You will have to "manually" get some tags from the DICOM input
Fixed image and insert then in the MetaDataDictionary that you
are passing from the Moving image to the Resampled Moving image.

You will find examples on how to get DICOM tags, and how to
insert DICOM tags in the source code files in

                  Insight/Code/IO