[Insight-users] Urgent: Strange dicom imageIO

Miller, James V (GE, Research) millerjv at crd.ge.com
Thu May 11 12:05:06 EDT 2006

Mathieu,

Defaulting slope/intersept to 1/0 will result in a loss of precision of PET data.
The slopes in PET are established on a per slice basis to maximize the precision
in the 16bits stored on disk.  So if we read in a PET series and write it out with
a slope of 1/0 we'll loose precision. on some of the slices.

Just something we should think about.

Jim