[Insight-users] Tensor pixel type

Karthik Krishnan Karthik.Krishnan at kitware.com
Fri May 12 10:09:52 EDT 2006

Niranjan,

You could use the
http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1SymmetricSecondRankTensor.html
Its represents symmetric tensors of rank 2 (ie NxN symmetric matrices)

You might find this class more appropriate though.
http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1DiffusionTensor3D.html
It a special case of the former and represents 3x3 symmetric second rank
tensors for DTI.

You might also find the following code useful :
Testing/Code/BasicFilters/itkRecursiveGaussianImageFiltersOnTensorsTest.cxx
Testing/Code/BasicFilters/itkTensorFractionalAnisotropyImageFilterTest.cxx
Testing/Code/IO/itkNrrdDiffusionTensor3DImageReadWriteTest.cxx
Examples/Filtering/DiffusionTensor3DReconstructionImageFilter.cxx

hth
-karthik