[Insight-users] simple ITK App keeps crashing - what do I do wrong?

Henning Meyer tutmann at gmail.com
Fri May 12 12:06:46 EDT 2006

Hello Luis,

thanks for your answer.
I thought ris->GetOutput() will give me an FilterImage::Pointer, to
which I can call Update().
Why is that not true?
I thought I could also chain Filters, like having a blurImageFilter, and saying
filter->SetInput( ris->GetOutput() ); without calling ris->Update(); before.
Why does chaining work sometimes and sometimes not?
I thought the reference to ris is still held (with a smartpointer) in
the FilterImage::Pointer, which is returned to main and later passed
to gaussTransform.
Is that not true?
Is ris being destroyed when the program leaves the context of getImage?
I read the chapter about smartpointers and chaining of filters, but I
still have problems understanding whats going on here and causing my
error.

Henning