[Insight-users] interpolation artefacts!

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Mon May 15 10:44:54 EDT 2006

Hi Forester,

How did you arrive to the conclusion that the interpolator is the
source of the registration problem ?

It is far more likely to find problems in the parameter settings
of the optimizer and / or the Image Metric...

In any case:

You can reduce interpolation artifacts by using a better intepolator.

By "PV" do you mean partial volume ?

You could try linear interpolation, and BSpline interpolation,
but, note that they only make sense once you have registered the
too images to be just a fraction of a voxel away from the other.

Before that, you are better off just doing Nearest Neighborhood
interpolation.

Keep in mind that the choice of the interpolator is critical for
the computing time of the registration. The interpolator is called
Millions of times during the registration. In the interest of speed
you may want to stick to simple interpolators.