[Insight-users] Create histogram of the deformation field magnitude

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Mon May 15 10:54:22 EDT 2006

Hi Hong,

Sure,
  you can generate this histogram in the following way:

1) pass your deformation filed to the filter:

    GradientToMagnitudeImageFilter:

http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1GradientToMagnitudeImageFilter.html

2) Take the output Scalar image and pass it to a histogram calculator.

    ScalarImageToHistogramGenerator
http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1Statistics_1_1ScalarImageToHistogramGenerator.html

    You will find an example on how to compute histograms in the file

       Insight/Examples/Statistics/ImageHistogram2.cxx

    This example is described in the ITK Software Guide

       http://www.itk.org/ItkSoftwareGuide.pdf