[Insight-users] WrapITK python bindings and GradientAnisotropicDiffusion with 3D float input

Kalle Pahajoki kalpaha at st.jyu.fi
Tue May 16 07:02:17 EDT 2006

I only noticed this recently since I haven't touched the segmentation
code in a while.

Gaetan Lehmann wrote:

> Kalle,
>
> We (ok, Zach have done most of the work :-)) have now splitted the
> WrapITK  modules in 27 modules, so your code will no more work.

Sounds good.

> Zach have also introduced a new feature: the modules are not loaded
> when  we import itk, but when we use a class in that module. The
> result is that  itk automatically load what you need and nothing more,
> so you don't have  to care about loading manually such or such module,
> and the loading time  is a lot shorter :-)
> All the tests are ok, and it works perfectly for me.

Excellent!

> Can you update your WrapITK copy, and tell us if it gives good results
> for  you ?

Everything seems to be working very well. Porting the relatively few
pieces of code using ITK code was a breeze and I love the lazy loading!
It made it possible to just throw away the previously ugly code that
dealt with the separate modules.

easily put up with the wait ;-) And I don't need to bite my nails for
half a minute everytime I need to re-start the program during development!

Actually there's almost no point in replying to this almost a month
late, other than I wish to say a big thank you for your work!

Kalle