[Insight-users] Deformable Registration Help

Martin Urschler martin at urschler.info
Tue May 16 09:19:23 EDT 2006

hi

is there a special reason why you insist on fem based registration?

there are other techniques in itk:
- demons based registration in case you can assume brightness constancy
- MI based bspline registration in case your image intensities differ
between images

both techniques lead to good results if you implement them in a
multi-resolution manner, and they are more straightforward to use than
the FEM framework

on your 2d images they should also be reasonably fast!

greetings,
Martin