[Insight-users] about inverse fft

Haris Saybasili haris.saybasili at gmail.com
Thu May 18 03:35:29 EDT 2006

Hi,

I am trying to take the inverse FFT of a complex image. However, I couldn't
make it work. I searched the mailing list, and found the following mail (
http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/insight-users/2005-June/013559.html).

I use the latest ITK version. The mail is quite old, but is it true?

Thanks in advance...

haris

>* Martin,
*>*
*>* I believe that the current FFT implementations will only work with
*>* taking forward FFT of float and double data types (i.e. not complex,
*>* integer, RGB, vector, or any other type of data). The current
*>* implementation also takes advantage of the complex conjugate symmetry
*>* when working with real data.
*>*
*>* Hans
*>*
*>*
*>*
*>*
*>* On Jun 09, 2005 07:41 AM, Martin Kavec <kavec at messi.uku.fi
*>*
*>* > Hi,
*>* >
*>* > following code does not compile:
*>* >
*>* >   typedef std::complex<float> ComplexPixelType;
*>* >   const   unsigned int        Dimension = 3;
*>* >
*>* >   typedef itk::Image< ComplexPixelType, Dimension > ComplexImageType;
*>* >
*>* >   typedef itk::ImageFileReader< ComplexImageType >  ReaderType;
*>* >   ReaderType::Pointer reader = ReaderType::New();
*>* >   reader->SetFileName( "foo.hdr" );
*>* >
*>* >
*>* > typedef itk::VnlFFTComplexConjugateToRealImageFilter< ComplexPixelType
*>* >   ,
*>* > Dimension >  FFTFilterType;
*>* >   FFTFilterType::Pointer fftFilter = FFTFilterType::New();
*>* >
*>* >   fftFilter->SetInput( reader->GetOutput() );
*>* >
*>* > So I am in doubts, if Fourier transform in ITK is actually a complex
*>* > FFT?
*>* >*