[Insight-users] 3D registration using Normalized Mutual Information Metric

Smriti Raghunathan smriti.r at gmail.com
Thu May 18 15:10:33 EDT 2006

Hi,
 I am trying to resgister 3D data sets using the
"ImageRegsitration8.cxx" algorithm in ITK. However, this code uses
"VersorRigid3DTransform", "itkVersorRigid3DTransformOptimizer" and
"itkMeanSquaresImageToImageMetric" as the registration metric.

I was trying to change parts of this code so that it used the same
transforms and optimizer but used the "Normalized Mutual Information
Metric" as the registration metric. However, when I build the project
and compile it, it gives me the following error when linking:

Linking...
   Creating library Debug/ImageRegistration8.lib and object
Debug/ImageRegistration8.exp
ImageRegistration8.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
"protected: __thiscall
itk::Statistics::DenseFrequencyContainer::DenseFrequencyContainer(void)"
(??0DenseFrequencyContainer at Statistics@itk@@IAE at XZ)
ImageRegistration8.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
"public: float __thiscall
itk::Statistics::DenseFrequencyContainer::GetFrequency(unsigned
long)const " (?GetFrequency at DenseFrequencyContainer@Statistics at itk@@QBEMK at Z)
ImageRegistration8.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
"public: bool __thiscall
itk::Statistics::DenseFrequencyContainer::SetFrequency(unsigned
long,float)" (?SetFrequency at DenseFrequencyContainer@Statistics at itk@@QAE_NKM at Z)
ImageRegistration8.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
"public: bool __thiscall
itk::Statistics::DenseFrequencyContainer::IncreaseFrequency(unsigned
long,float)" (?IncreaseFrequency at DenseFrequencyContainer@Statistics at itk@@QAE_NKM at Z)
ImageRegistration8.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
"public: void __thiscall
itk::Statistics::DenseFrequencyContainer::Initialize(unsigned long)"
(?Initialize at DenseFrequencyContainer@Statistics at itk@@QAEXK at Z)
ImageRegistration8.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
"public: void __thiscall
itk::Statistics::DenseFrequencyContainer::SetToZero(void)"
(?SetToZero at DenseFrequencyContainer@Statistics at itk@@QAEXXZ)
Debug/ImageRegistration8.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 6 unresolved externals
Error executing link.exe.

ImageRegistration8.exe - 7 error(s), 0 warning(s)

I am not sure what exactly this error is indicating... any kind of
help would be appreciated. If this is not helpful then i could send
the modified code.

thanks a lot

Smriti