[Insight-users] casting question

smythek at u.washington.edu smythek at u.washington.edu
Mon May 22 15:53:55 EDT 2006

Hi,

I have 2 color images that are 24bpp each, so I believe they are of type RGB.  I read in the images as InputPixelType=RGBPixel<unsigned char>, then recast it to just PixelType=float so I can run the PasteImageFilter.

However, when I create the cast filter with "New()", I get this error:

C:\InsightToolkit-2.6.0\Code\BasicFilters\itkCastImageFilter.h(62): error C2440: 'static_cast' : cannot convert from 'const itk::Image<TPixel,VImageDimension>::PixelType' to 'itk::Image<TPixel,VImageDimension>::PixelType'
         with
         [
             TPixel=InputPixelType,
             VImageDimension=2