[Insight-users] Generalized Distance Transform

King.Benjamin at MH-Hannover.DE King.Benjamin at MH-Hannover.DE
Wed May 24 04:39:35 EDT 2006

Hello,

in a shameless act of self-promotion, I'd like to point you to a new distance transform filter that is available for ITK:

http://www.insight-journal.org/InsightJournalManager/view_reviews.php?
back=publications.php%3Fjournalid%3D4%26order%3D%26revision_display%3D&pubid=90

It computes a generalization of the squared euclidean distance transform. Even if you don't have a need for the
generalized version, it might be of interest because of the performance in comparision to
DanielssonDistanceMapImageFilter. I had speedups of up to 10 and would like to know if you get something similar.

Cheers,
  Benjamin