[Insight-users] help needed with compiling InsightApplications Programs

svaidhya at cs.kent.edu svaidhya at cs.kent.edu
Thu May 25 20:58:44 EDT 2006

Hi,

   I hope you can help me out with this problem of mine. Pardon me if my
question sounds stupid but do acknowledge it as i have been literally
pulling out my hair over this.

   Ok here is the environment. I installed ITK, Cmake VTK, FLTK in my
Linux server (i am not the admin). ITK is my local installation.
Configured ITK and ran the helloworld program. it works! ITK was
untarred into a directory called Insight Toolkit and the binary files
were extracted into a directory called Insight which is within
InsightToolkit.

InsightApplications is in the same level as InsightToolkit in directory
structure.

Now i try to run the codes in the Insight Applications (which i d/l from
the itk.org site) i run into problems. let me point to a specific problem.
I am trying to compile and run the programs in
InsightApplications/SimpleLevelSetsExample/. when i did 'ccmake .' the
first time it ran but on running 'make' it gave a whole bunch of errors.
when i looked into the errors list, it was mainly saying that the header
files was not found (Include files). so i gathered up all the header
files, corresponding .cxx and .txx files and put it in one place
/InsightToolkit/Code/headerFiles. and ran the ccmake . with the advanced
setup and in the CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS fiels as "-I
/home/sainath/InsightToolkit/Code/headerFiles/" . It ran and created the
make file. but when I ran the 'make' command still it has the same errors!
a txt file can be found at
http://www.personal.kent.edu/~svaidhya/makeerrors.txt which is nothing but
the errors output by the make command.

  what am i doing wrong? please help me. how do i just get the code to run?

  thanks in advance for the help

Sainath