[Insight-users] physical coordinates vs image coordinates

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Thu May 25 22:19:04 EDT 2006

Hi Kathy,

The formal way of converting Index coordinates to PhysicalPoint
coordinates is to invoke the following methods from the Image class:

http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1Image.html

       TransformIndexToPhysicalPoint()
       TransformPhysicalPointToIndex()

You may find useful to look at the code of the itkResampleImageFilter.

The core code in the GenerateData() method performs a similar
task to what you want to do.