[Insight-users] 3d multi-modality registration

Grace Chen Grace.Chen at swri.ca
Fri May 26 12:26:19 EDT 2006

Hi Luis,  Thanx a lot for your inputs!

I've been struggling with this one for a longest time....  The problem is
that I have two 3D brain images and one brain image has greater physical
extents in z.  The information of the two volumes are as follows:

Fixed image:
  origin = [-120, -135.805, -29.7683]
  spacing = [0.9375,  0.9375,  7]
  extent = [256,256, 7]

Moving image:
  origin = [-142.5, -170.488, -84.8781]
  spacing = [1.17188, 1.17188, 5.5]
  extent = [256,256, 28]

For these two brain volumes, the fixed image matches a section in the moving
image...I tried registered them using the whole volume, the first slice of
the registered moving image doesn't looked like that of the fixed image at
all...Then, I tried extracting a section from the moving slice and
registered them together....but the middle slices of the the registered
image does not match the corresponding slices in the fixed image.  What's
going on??  Is there prerequisite on the input data for performing
mullti-modality registration using ITK?

Please help!!  I am in deperate need to really nail this this time!!  Thanx
a million!!

Grace