[Insight-users] Request for information regarding ITK

Krishnaveni Budati budati at cs.umn.edu
Mon May 29 21:25:39 EDT 2006

Hi,

I am a Masters student in the Dept.of Computer Science at the Univ.of
Minnesota, Twin Cities. I am working in the area of Grid Computing. I am
looking for a suitable Medical Imaging application that could be potentially
deployed on Grids. Medical Image Registration seems to be one such application
from the information I got from the online resources. Some of the softwares
that I had read about claimed to have taken about 12 minutes for an
image-to-image registration (3D image with Mutual Information as the Similarity
Metric and considering all the pixels in the entire image without sampling). I
am looking for such Compute-intensive applications. Could anyone tell me how
much time the Insight software would on an average take to do similar
image-registration tasks. This would be of great help to me to consider using
Insight or the Image Registration application at all for deployment on Grids.

Your help is greatly appreciated. I would be very glad to hear from you.

Thanks in advance,
Krishnaveni