[Insight-users] 3d multi-modality registration

Grace Chen Grace.Chen at swri.ca
Tue May 30 15:20:41 EDT 2006

Hi there,

I found that after the 3D rigid registration is perform, I still need to do
this:
currTransform->Scale((double)fSpacing[0]/mSpacing[0],(double)fSpacing[1]/mSp
acing[1], (double)fSpacing[2]/mSpacing[2]);

to scale the movig image to make the corresponding slices in the fixed and
the moving images matched.

Also, I found that even though the physical attributes of the input images
are quite different.

(Original Moving Image:  Origin = -141.902 -178.097 -109.268 , Spacing =
1.17188 1.17188 5.50000

Original Fixed Image:  Origin = 110.361 -147.531 -49.3294,  Spacing =
0.937500 0.937500 5.00000)

The registration program still works quite well even if I use the whole
volumes....I just need to calculate the overlapping slices to matches the
slices.  The program works even when the initializer's option  is set to
MomentOn( ) (instead of the GeometryOn( )).

Can anyone tell me if I am on the right track?  Thanx!

Grace