[Insight-users] Re: Registration Validation using Thin Plate Spline Warp

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Sun Oct 1 16:07:23 EDT 2006

Hi Kevin,

There are two independent problems in your email:

   1 - Does the registration Work ?
   2 - Does the visualization of the Deformation Field Work ?

About 1:

It is normal that a LevelSet deformable registration algorithm
cannot replicate the deformation induced by the KernelTransform.

There is no reason to expect that the LevelSet propagation can
be equivalent to the set of kernels that the KernetlTransform
used. You can expect, however, that a good approximation may be
achieved.

About 2:

Something is wrong on the way the deformation field is being
passed to Paraview. You should check the content of the different
components of the deformation field. For this purpose you could
use the "Calculator" in Paraview, for extracting each one of
the components and verifying they range of values.

If the deformation of the original image was corrected, then
your deformation fields was probably correct, and there is
only a problem in the process of saving the deformation field
to a file, and then loading it in ParaView.

What code are you using for writing the deformation field to a file ?

    Please let us know,