[Insight-users] Obtain overlapping pixel volume

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Mon Oct 9 20:20:57 EDT 2006

Hi Jonathan,

ITK has a full set of filters for comparing segmentations.

You may want to use one or several of the following:

KappaStatistics Metric:
http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1KappaStatisticImageToImageMetric.html

Match Cardinality:
http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1MatchCardinalityImageToImageMetric.html

HausdorffDistanceImageFilter:
http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1HausdorffDistanceImageFilter.html

ContourMeanDistanceImageFilter
http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1ContourMeanDistanceImageFilter.html

ContourDirectedMeanDistanceImageFilter
http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1ContourDirectedMeanDistanceImageFilter.html

You may also want to try the program "Valmet" that was developed
at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill:

     http://www.ia.unc.edu/dev/download/valmet/index.htm

Unfortunately Valmet is not Open Source, but you can download
free binaries from the link above.