[Insight-users] Little Endien Big Endien

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at kitware.com
Tue Oct 10 16:04:34 EDT 2006

Smriti Raghunathan wrote:
> Hi,
> Is there any way I can set little endien or big endien when I read
> the dicom series and write it as a 3D image.

	No there is no way to do. The reason is quite simple, DICOM is a binary
file format, if you decide to switch from Little Endian to Big Endian,
you will not even be able to start reading the file. If your private
vendor respect the DICOM specification then we support your image. GDCM
has also a lot of heuristics to be able to read old ACRNEMA 1/2 images.
As a side note I haven't seen a DICOM image that was not recognized
properly.

	If you can please send me the image that is causing problem.

HTH
Mathieu