[Insight-users] Making a normalization filter

Prename Surname bsd.diverse at gmail.com
Mon Oct 16 06:16:52 EDT 2006

Hello. I want to write a very simple filter in order to get a better
understanding of how i can write filters in ITK.
I have not been able to find any examples or guides on how a filter is
written ie. what interfaces it should implement, which class it should
inherit from etc.
So i was hoping someone could help me with some guidelines for how i can
write my own filter that can accept an input image, access the data in this
image, scale and translate it so that it is normalized ie. between 0 to 255.
I have wild data which ranges from -300000 to 300000.
So basically what my filter should do is only

newImg=(oldImg+min(oldImg))/max(oldImg+min(oldImg));

where min finds the pixel with smallest value and max finds the pixel with
maximum value
newImg is the normalized image and oldImg is the input image that should be
normalized.

This a very simple procedure, probably the most simple at all. So how can i
put this functionality in a filter that i can use in ITK?

Guidelines would be great, links would be great and example would be
fantastic.

I really hope someone can help me a bit.

Thank you very much in advance and many regards