[Insight-users] Re: Need Help with NarrowBand Registration code

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Mon Oct 16 20:20:51 EDT 2006

Hi Rekha,

I'm glad to hear that you are trying this method.

Unfortunately from your short description it is
very hard to discern what may be going wrong.

Could you please post the following information:

1) Description of the images that you are using,
    including number of pixels and pixel spacing,

2) Exact parameters that you are using,
    including optimizer parameters, width of the
    narrow band

3) Please add a Command/Observer to the optimizer
    and print out the array of parameters of the
    transform for every iteration of the optimizer.
    Then post this to the list. Please read the
    "Image Registration" Chapter of the ITK Software
    Guide for instructions on how to do this:

     http://www.itk.org/ItkSoftwareGuide.pdf

With that information we could be in a better
position to help you.

BTW, did you tried running the code with the
example images available in the directory ?

This paper is the predecessor of the Insight Journal.
It was the first of the series of papers that allowed
readers to verify reproducibility by providing them
with source code, input images and parameters.