[Insight-users] Fast Marching Fine Vessel Segmentation

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Sun Oct 22 11:02:39 EDT 2006

Hi Zheying,

Fast Marching is not very well suited for segmenting
thin vessels. You can use it however for large arteries
and veins.

For that task of segmenting thin vessels you may want
to try the the Vesselness filter:

http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1Hessian3DToVesselnessMeasureImageFilter.html

You may also want to look at the applications:

     InsightApplications/DuctExtractor
     InsightApplications/Curves3DExtractor
     InsightApplications/Curves2DExtractor

The following web page may also be useful:

    http://www.itk.org/HTML/Curve2DExtraction.htm