[Insight-users] Question about parameter meaning in running Elastic registration (FEM)

Qiu Wu texasqwu at gmail.com
Mon Oct 23 21:56:47 EDT 2006

Hi,

  I'm trying to run the elastic registration example (
DeformableRegistration1.cxx).
It seems that I can run it, in order to interpret the results by comparing
different choice of the parameters, I'd like to ask people to help on
several questions I have about the meaning of the parameters in the
parameter set-up file   " FiniteElementRegistrationParameters1.txt".  Could
anyone please help to explain?

Q1:  For the similarity metric line , it seems there are two parameters (see
below)
   "1 0.99  % Similarity metric (0=mean sq, 1 = ncc, 2=pattern int, 3=MI,
5=demons)"

    I guess the first one for similarity metric choice, what the second one
means?

Q2:  What the parameter "WidthOfMetricRegion" means?

Q3:  In the elastic PDE model (Naiver -Lame equation) in most leteratures,
there are two parameters: \mu and \lamda, what their relationships with the
parameters "Elasticity (E)" and  "Density x capacity (RhoC)" given in the
example file?

Thanks so much.

--Qiu