[Insight-users] Metrics usage in FEMRegistrationFilter

Markus Weigert m.weigert at fz-juelich.de
Tue Oct 24 07:33:32 EDT 2006

Dear all,

can somebody explain me why the FEMRegistrationFilter can either use Metric
classes like MutualInformationImageToImageMetric and/or metric functions classes
like MIRegistrationFunction???
Why are the functions used per default???
This implementation is very confusing and I don't even understand its motivation.
I currently try to use the MIRegistrationFunction with CurvatureRegistrtationFilter but
don't get useful results.
Also, for me FEM did not work with Mutual Information (function, I suppose).

Regards,
Markus