[Insight-users] Problem in reading a clean DICOM file

pef magic pef.magic at gmail.com
Tue Oct 24 09:04:28 EDT 2006

Hello,

I am trying to open a DICOM file (<
http://dl-3.free.fr/52616e646f6d4956b822531203c3746eebdcd3c581e76ffa8f4fa16b2efcad14/c_vf1006.dcm>),
taking as example, the file "examples/IO/DicomImageReadWrite.cxx".
First, I have tried to open this file with other free software and they seem
to know it as a clean dicom file.
Nevertheless, it doesn't work with itk and stops at the  "try
{reader->Update();}catch" test. The same code, with other dicoms I had,
works perfectly, of course.
The dicom files (those which do not work) had been obtained by converting a
"Visible Woman" General Electric Genesis format into the "dcm" format thanks
to ezDicom.exe.
Do you know what is the problem ?

Best regards

PM