[Insight-users] Extending ITK outside of ITK

Ali - saveez at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 26 16:17:43 EDT 2006

Hi,

VTK provides a nice base for people who want to start developing another
'kit' outside of VTK, eg, see \Examples\Build\vtkMy in the vtk source
directory. Unfortunately, it seems that all the examples of extending ITK
only involve an ultra-light executable with a class and a main(). What is
the best way of adding another 'kit' (ie a library) to ITK?

The CMake file must provide things like a configure.h.in file. I was able to
start with the VTK base but it only works with non-template classes. When
involving templates, it just doesn't work.

Would some ITK developer provide such a base for extending another kit?