[Insight-users] problem with FLTK and ITK link

Richard Ye richard.ye at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 25 16:54:12 EDT 2006

Dear ITK-users,

  I am a new person to ITK. I am trying to rebuild regionGrowingsegmentation application outside of the ITK application Tree. But I got the following link errors. the CMakeLists.txt that I used is: (fltk1.1.7, itk2.8.1, vtk5), Could you please give me some hints on this issue. Thank you very much. Richard.

  PROJECT( RegionGrowingSegmentation )
  FIND_PACKAGE(ITK)
IF(ITK_FOUND)
  INCLUDE(${ITK_USE_FILE})
ELSE(ITK_FOUND)
  MESSAGE(FATAL_ERROR
        "Cannot build InsightApplications without ITK.  Please set ITK_DIR.")
ENDIF(ITK_FOUND)
  FIND_PACKAGE(FLTK)
IF(FLTK_FOUND)
    INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES(${FLTK_INCLUDE_DIR})
ENDIF(FLTK_FOUND)
  FIND_PACKAGE(VTK)
IF (VTK_FOUND)
   INCLUDE (${VTK_USE_FILE})
ENDIF (VTK_FOUND)
  FIND_PATH(InsightApplications_SOURCE_DIR CMakeList.txt)
FIND_PATH(InsightApplications_BINARY_DIR CMakeCache.txt)
FIND_LIBRARY(FltkImageViewer_LIB NAMES FltkImageViewer)
FIND_LIBRARY(VtkFltk_LIB NAMES VtkFltk)
  INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES(
${InsightApplications_SOURCE_DIR}/Auxiliary/FltkImageViewer
${InsightApplications_SOURCE_DIR}/Auxiliary/VtkFltk
${InsightApplications_SOURCE_DIR}/Auxiliary/vtk
${InsightApplications_BINARY_DIR}/Auxiliary/FltkImageViewer
${InsightApplications_BINARY_DIR}/Auxiliary/VtkFltk
${RegionGrowingSegmentation_SOURCE_DIR}
${RegionGrowingSegmentation_BINARY_DIR}
)
  IF(FLTK_FOUND)
 FLTK_WRAP_UI( RegionGrowingSegmentation  RegionGrowingSegmentationGUI.fl)
ENDIF(FLTK_FOUND)

SET(RegionGrowingSegmentation_SRCS
RegionGrowingSegmentationBase.cxx
RegionGrowingSegmentation.cxx
${RegionGrowingSegmentation_FLTK_UI_SRCS}
)

  ADD_EXECUTABLE(RegionGrowingSegmentation
  ${RegionGrowingSegmentation_SRCS}
)

TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES(RegionGrowingSegmentation
  ${FLTK_LIBRARIES}
  ${OPENGL_LIBRARY}
  ${GLU_LIBRARY}

  ITKCommon
ITKNumerics
ITKBasicFilters
ITKIO
${FltkImageViewer}
${VtkFltk}
vtkRendering
vtkGraphics
vtkHybrid
vtkImaging
vtkIO
vtkFiltering
vtkCommon
  )

  Linking...
   Creating library Debug/RegionGrowingSegmentation.lib and object Debug/RegionGrowingSegmentation.exp
RegionGrowingSegmentation.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall fltk::ProgressBar::Observe(class itk::Object *)" (?Observe at ProgressBar@fltk@@QAEXPAVObject at itk@@@Z)
RegionGrowingSegmentation.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall fltk::LightButton::Observe(class itk::Object *)" (?Observe at LightButton@fltk@@QAEXPAVObject at itk@@@Z)
RegionGrowingSegmentation.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual void __thiscall fltkImageViewerGUI::AddFileMenuOptions(void)" (?AddFileMenuOptions at fltkImageViewerGUI@@UAEXXZ)
RegionGrowingSegmentation.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual void __thiscall fltkImageViewerGUI::AddFilterMenuOptions(void)" (?AddFilterMenuOptions at fltkImageViewerGUI@@UAEXXZ)
RegionGrowingSegmentation.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual void __thiscall fltkImageViewerGUI::AddMenuBarOptions(void)" (?AddMenuBarOptions at fltkImageViewerGUI@@UAEXXZ)
RegionGrowingSegmentation.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual __thiscall fltkImageViewerGUI::~fltkImageViewerGUI(void)" (??1fltkImageViewerGUI@@UAE at XZ)
RegionGrowingSegmentation.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: class Fl_Double_Window * __thiscall fltkImageViewerGUI::CreateGUI(void)" (?CreateGUI at fltkImageViewerGUI@@QAEPAVFl_Double_Window@@XZ)
RegionGrowingSegmentation.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall fltkImageViewerGUI::fltkImageViewerGUI(void)" (??0fltkImageViewerGUI@@QAE at XZ)
RegionGrowingSegmentation.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual __thiscall fltkVTKImageViewerGUI::~fltkVTKImageViewerGUI(void)" (??1fltkVTKImageViewerGUI@@UAE at XZ)
RegionGrowingSegmentation.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: static class vtkVolumeRayCastMapper * __cdecl vtkVolumeRayCastMapper::New(void)" (?New at vtkVolumeRayCastMapper@@SAPAV1 at XZ)
RegionGrowingSegmentation.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: static class vtkVolumeRayCastCompositeFunction * __cdecl vtkVolumeRayCastCompositeFunction::New(void)" (?New at vtkVolumeRayCastCompositeFunction@@SAPAV1 at XZ)
RegionGrowingSegmentation.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall vtkFlRenderWindowInteractor::SetRenderWindow(class vtkRenderWindow *)" (?SetRenderWindow at vtkFlRenderWindowInteractor@@QAEXPAVvtkRenderWindow@@@Z)
RegionGrowingSegmentation.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall fltkVTKImageViewerGUI::fltkVTKImageViewerGUI(void)" (??0fltkVTKImageViewerGUI@@QAE at XZ)
RegionGrowingSegmentation.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual void __thiscall fltkVTKImageViewerGUI::Show(void)" (?Show at fltkVTKImageViewerGUI@@UAEXXZ)
RegionGrowingSegmentation.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual void __thiscall fltkVTKImageViewerGUI::Hide(void)" (?Hide at fltkVTKImageViewerGUI@@UAEXXZ)
RegionGrowingSegmentation.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "int __cdecl ifuShowText(char const *)" (?ifuShowText@@YAHPBD at Z)
RegionGrowingSegmentationGUI.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall fltk::ProgressBar::ProgressBar(int,int,int,int,char *)" (??0ProgressBar at fltk@@QAE at HHHHPAD@Z)
RegionGrowingSegmentationGUI.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall fltk::LightButton::LightButton(int,int,int,int,char *)" (??0LightButton at fltk@@QAE at HHHHPAD@Z)
Debug/RegionGrowingSegmentation.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 18 unresolved externals
Error executing link.exe.