[Insight-users] Installing ITK broken

Obada Mahdi omahdi at gmx.de
Sun Oct 29 10:01:10 EST 2006

Hi Kent,

I have experienced the same problem with recent CVS versions of CMake and ITK:

On 10/27/06, Kent Williams <kent at psychiatry.uiowa.edu> wrote:
> It is linked to switching
> to the new Install method in CMake.  These lines in
> Insight/Utilities/CMakeLists.txt seem to be causing the problem...
>
>   INSTALL(FILES
>     ${ITK_BINARY_DIR}/Utilities/itkThirdParty.h
>     ${ITK_BINARY_DIR}/Utilities/itk_zlib.h
>     ${ITK_BINARY_DIR}/Utilities/itk_tiff.h
>     ${ITK_BINARY_DIR}/Utilities/itk_png.h
>     DESTINATION ${ITK_INSTALL_INCLUDE_DIR}/Utilities
>     COMPONENT Development
>     )
[...]
> CMake Error: Error in cmake code at
> /scratch/kent/brains2/iplFreeware/gcc4/DEBUG/Insight/Utilities/cmake_install.cmake:31:
> FILE cannot create directory: /include/InsightToolkit/Utilities. Maybe
> need administrative privileges.
[...]

There are further problems in "Utilities/gdcm/Dicts" and some
sub-directories in "Utilities/vxl".  The first error to occur (the one
you quoted) seems to be caused by a typo, the others seem to be
related to the fact that the old INSTALL_FILES command did look for
source files in both the build tree and source tree, whereas
INSTALL(FILES ...) does not (as far as I can tell).

I have attatched a hack that seems to fix these issues for me.

I could not find a related bug report at a first glimpse -- should I
open one and post my findings there?

Regards

Obada