[Insight-users] About writing DICOM images

Rosario Sance rsance at die.upm.es
Mon Oct 30 12:38:08 EST 2006

Hi all,

At the present moment, I am dealing with dynamic
series of 2D images in DICOM format.
I have to align pairs of slices to compensate
breathing motion, and I have to save the
resampled outcomes also in DICOM format. However,
I only have found the way to read DICOM (with
GDCMImageIO) but it doesn't work to write those slices.
I had a look on the ITK guide, and I read about
the ImageSeriesReader and ImageSeriesWriter, but
they don't solve my question. I mean, I'm neither
reading a whole series and writing the separated
slices of a volume, nor reading those slices and
writing them as a unique volume. I have to read
just slices inside a directory, process them and
save them separately as 2D images.
I read something about similar previous questions but I didn't find the way.

Could somebody give me any useful clue?
Thank you very much in advance,

Rosario

Rosario Sance Garzón