[Insight-users] non-uniform sampling and 4D data

ahmed saad ahmedalysaad2004 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 31 00:01:29 EST 2006

Hi,

    I deal with
time-varying medical image data [3D+Time]. My program should open both 3D/4D
datasets and also with different data types (unsigned char – char – float) from
different medical image file formats.

* The first problem I faced that ITK image is templated over
<the pixel type and image dimension>. So I have to define them in compile
time. But I don’t know this information in the compile time. I have to read the
file header first (Analyze – minc….). So how Can I solve this problem?

* The second problem is my datasets are non-uniform sampled
in time domain. For example the first 3D volume at t = 2 seconds and the second
3D volume at 10 seconds and the third volume at 30 seconds and so on. So can
ITK deal with non-uniform sampling in time
domain.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Ahmed Saad