[Insight-users] from image to spatial object : how to install VTK

Michal Plotkowiak michal.plotkowiak at bnc.ox.ac.uk
Wed Aug 1 02:43:48 EDT 2007

but then how should I use Cmake to create a new project?
 My problem is that i installed InsightApplication and when I try to compile
some of the programs it can't open vtk lib (although, in cmake for
InsihtApplication I specified the location of VTK dir that I created from
source code).

So if I install VTK from .exe and then cmake a new project that uses itk and
vtk lib which dir should I define for VTK_DIR?

many thanks
michal

<b9e170000707310838u21214002wc042de10061a32e6 at mail.gmail.com> "Dan
> > Homerick" <danhomerick at gmail.com> writes:
> >
> >>Hi Michal,

> >>You probably need to download and build a copy of VTK, if you haven't
> >>already. If you have already, make sure that cmake is looking in the
correct
> >>lib directory.

> >>I'd suggest giving the *exact* error message.

> >>Cheers,
> >> - Dan
> >>

> >>In message <46AE5DBF.3000201 at kitware.com> Luis Ibanez <

Michal Plotkowiak