[Insight-users] Transfering Result of a vtkLandmarkTransform to a ITK-transformer

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Sun Aug 5 11:29:24 EDT 2007

Hi Matthias,

 > But I still haven't found any specification of the coordinate system
 > used in the ITK...

Ahh...
That's because you have not looked at the right place  :-)

Please read the ITK Software Guide.

    http://www.itk.org/ItkSoftwareGuide.pdf

In particular the "Data Representation" Chapter
and its "Image" Section.

You will find a detailed description of the
coordinate system used by ITK images.

It is indeed "right-handed" (the 3D version).

Note that ITK was designed for supporting N-D,

The notion of right-hand orientation is only
applicable to 3D.